Packed with healthy fats from our almonds, hemp seeds for protein, and dates for a natural sugar kick, these no bake chocolate almond date truffles are vegan and refined sugar free. This recipe results in a perfect on-the-go snack or post-dinner treat that's soft on the inside with a hard chocolate exterior. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 40 min
Fridge Time: 2+ Hours
Yield: 12 truffles
1. Soak your dates in warm water for 10-20 minutes, then remove the pits.
2. Place all date ball ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until it becomes a smooth blend (about 30 seconds - 1 min).
3. Move the date ball mixture to a mixing bowl and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Scoop out 2 tbsp balls and roll them. Place on the baking tray and continue until all mixture has been used.
5. In a medium bowl, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds then mix. If the chocolate is not melted, put chocolate in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
6. Dip the date balls into the chocolate, and top with some chopped nuts if you please.
7. Store in the fridge until they harden. Enjoy!
* This recipe was developed for Daily Crunch Snacks by Girls Who Eat. Check out the recipe on her site here.