Citrus Salad with Avocado and Nuts
This easy-to-make salad filled with immunity-boosting vitamin C is a lovely way to brighten up a winter day. The combination of citrus, soft avocado slices, crunchy nuts, and fresh herbs will leave you feeling satisfied and satiated. Crisp and savory ingredients are a delicious complement to the sweet, juicy citrus. The fruits listed are in season, so go grab them at their best and let us know how you like this salad!
Prep Time: 10 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 grapefruit
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 tangerines
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup peanuts + Golden Goodness Sprouted Almonds, roughly chopped
1. Cut the ends off the citrus and cut the side skin and pith off. Cut into 1/2" rounds.
2. Whisk the fish sauce, sugar, and vinegar in a bowl. Add the minced shallot.
3. Transfer all the citrus and avocado in a large bowl. Add dressing, herbs, and nuts. Toss together and plate. Enjoy!